12 replies to this topic

#1 HuggieNo1

Former Administrator

• Advanced Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:44 AM

Hey all, just had a brillant idea.

I think we may attract more traffic if we had either:

1) Different language forums where there's at least one moderator who speaks fluent ... (language)

2) A sub domain for different languages. For example, french could be www.runeaid.net/fr

Thoughts on this? Also, does anyone speak a language fluently??

Examples of languages which could be popular: French, Spanish, Italian, German, Polish, Czech ...

HuggieNo1
Senior Staff Member.

#2 Chris

Veteran

• Veterans
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:04 AM

This is already in the works. Please speak to me before posting suggestions, remember that there is a heck of a lot to come with runeaid 2.0 that you guys don't know about. :)

Posted Image

Senior Management. Radio Manager. Ventrilo Provider.

If you're interested in applying for a slot on the radio, please feel free to contact me using the messenger.

For information regarding advertisements both on the website, and on the radio in the form of a commercial contact me.

#3 Kolton T.

2,147,483,649 Coins

• Management

• 4,038 posts
  • LocationMy Computer
  • RSN:Runeaid
  • RS Status:Member
  • Currently Training:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

Wow, that will be awesome! :D

www.french.runeaid.net

Is, what I think it should be. :P
Regards,

Kolton T. - Runeaid Chief Executive Officer

Keep on 'Scapin :D

#4 HuggieNo1

Former Administrator

• Advanced Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:19 PM

Well shouldn't we know if we also run Rune Aid?

HuggieNo1
Senior Staff Member.

#5 Kolton T.

2,147,483,649 Coins

• Management

• 4,038 posts
  • LocationMy Computer
  • Currently Training:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:41 PM

Lyndon posted the basic announcement, and currently that's all anyone knows. Chris, just has a few ideas he wants to implement, such as this.
Regards,

#6 HuggieNo1

Former Administrator

• Advanced Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:55 PM

Ok, we'll just be patient then... :blink:

HuggieNo1
Senior Staff Member.

#7 Commander Sealand

Drop Party!

• Former Staff

• 1,547 posts
  • LocationHere Be Penguins
  • RSN:Dx Bunee
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Currently Training:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

Yea I like this idea, we could even use language translators so we can communicate with other people!

Ja ich diese Idee gefällt, könnten wir sogar die Sprache Übersetzer, damit wir mit anderen Menschen kommunizieren können!

The language that I just spoke above, is German, and I used Google translator :D.
Posted Image<br />
I'm a former staff member and management member. I came to Runeaid in July of 2010. I enjoyed a wonderful time when runeaid was thriving and vibrant. I worked my way from mod to global mod to management member in 4 months, and became a member of the management team in 2011. As much fun as Runeaid was, in September of 2011, due to personal issues and real life issues, I left Runeaid. I don't want to go into details as to why, but I know why I left. I might come back, but it is unlikely. Feel free to send me a private message, and i'll be happy to talk about my experiences here at Runeaid.

#8 Blake

• Veterans
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:44 PM

DON'T USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR!!!!!! I know partially Spanish and I put in Hello, how are you. and it said hola, que tal? That means Hello, what you doin? So DON'T USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR.

#9 Kolton T.

2,147,483,649 Coins

• Management

• 4,038 posts
  • LocationMy Computer
  • Currently Training:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:17 PM

Thanks for the tip, we'll be sure not to use it now. :)
Regards,

#10 Commander Sealand

Drop Party!

• Former Staff

• 1,547 posts
  • LocationHere Be Penguins
  • RSN:Dx Bunee
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Currently Training:

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:29 PM

what should i use then?
Posted Image<br />
I'm a former staff member and management member. I came to Runeaid in July of 2010. I enjoyed a wonderful time when runeaid was thriving and vibrant. I worked my way from mod to global mod to management member in 4 months, and became a member of the management team in 2011. As much fun as Runeaid was, in September of 2011, due to personal issues and real life issues, I left Runeaid. I don't want to go into details as to why, but I know why I left. I might come back, but it is unlikely. Feel free to send me a private message, and i'll be happy to talk about my experiences here at Runeaid.

#11 Machine1101

We Pay We Say!

• Veterans
  • 422 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:42 AM

nice idea.

#12 Brad

We Pay We Say!

• Former Staff

• 472 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • RSN:NickiMinajYM
  • Currently Training:

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

Que tal, actually means what's happening, or a informal what's up. Spanish does not have a translation for the word "do" which means que tal, cannot be "doing".

Posted Image

#13 sachamo2010

Noob

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:46 PM

View PostBlake, on 14 September 2010 - 05:44 PM, said:

DON'T USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR!!!!!! I know partially Spanish and I put in Hello, how are you. and it said hola, que tal? That means Hello, what you doin? So DON'T USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR.

the thing to remember is that there are errors in translations. Different languages word things differently, therefore it makes it hard to 100% correctly translate. For example, in spanish, you put adjectives after the noun, not before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users