Drop Party!

• Former Staff

• 1,547 posts
  • LocationHere Be Penguins
  • RSN:Dx Bunee
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Currently Training:

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:58 PM

If you find an advertisement that you feel is inappropriate for the site, say an advertisement for World of Warcraft, for a gold seller, please report it here so we can block it. Basically, in a nutshell, please report any computer game ad that may lure people away from runescape, along with any site taht has "cheats" and any gold sellers. Thank you.

Note to Derek, these are the sites that we've found that are bad. Please delete this list when you have banned the sites.

Virbanks.com
Myvideogamecheats.net
GoldSoon.com
DarkOrbit.com
MMO4Sale.com
Wizard101.com
Posted Image<br />
I'm a former staff member and management member. I came to Runeaid in July of 2010. I enjoyed a wonderful time when runeaid was thriving and vibrant. I worked my way from mod to global mod to management member in 4 months, and became a member of the management team in 2011. As much fun as Runeaid was, in September of 2011, due to personal issues and real life issues, I left Runeaid. I don't want to go into details as to why, but I know why I left. I might come back, but it is unlikely. Feel free to send me a private message, and i'll be happy to talk about my experiences here at Runeaid.

#2 Commander Sealand

Drop Party!

• Former Staff

• 1,547 posts
  • Currently Training:

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

The info i said before is wrong, the link is right next to the advertisement. Please post that link on here and we will block it. Also, check the first post for ads that have already been reported, so if you see an advertisement that is already up there, please don't report it again, as we are well aware of it. :)
Posted Image<br />
I'm a former staff member and management member. I came to Runeaid in July of 2010. I enjoyed a wonderful time when runeaid was thriving and vibrant. I worked my way from mod to global mod to management member in 4 months, and became a member of the management team in 2011. As much fun as Runeaid was, in September of 2011, due to personal issues and real life issues, I left Runeaid. I don't want to go into details as to why, but I know why I left. I might come back, but it is unlikely. Feel free to send me a private message, and i'll be happy to talk about my experiences here at Runeaid.

#3 Kolton T.

2,147,483,649 Coins

• Management

• 4,038 posts
  • LocationMy Computer
  • RSN:Runeaid
  • RS Status:Member
  • Currently Training:

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

Hey everyone, to keep you all safe and not give those links any more attention than they deserve (none :P) I will be hiding all un-informational posts on this thread. No one is in trouble, and don't be alarmed. Just continue reporting and it'll be dealt with & the post hidden as soon as we can.

Thanks!

Also, I wouldn't recommend doing anything on the websites - just in case. However, I'm pretty sure the link actually comes up beside the website name, or such. And, as for getting in trouble I doubt it. Because you're the one who clicked the link in the first place, so it'd be your fault if you get keylogged or anything. As we have no control (other than blocking reported ads) over the advertisements that appear, so it's 3rd party.

Just keep your computer up to date with a good anti-virus, and be careful. No harm done. I'll be introducing some ways to keep your computer safe very soon, as security is a priority of mine.
Regards,

Kolton T. - Runeaid Chief Executive Officer

Keep on 'Scapin :D

#4 Robert M.

Bank Sale

• Management

• 1,493 posts
  • LocationUnited States, Idaho
  • RSN:Ri66le
  • RS Status:Member
  • Currently Training:

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:53 PM

This is very helpful, remember we would not like to be considered a runescape help site, that has and promotes runescape gold, item, and account selling! :)
Regards,

Rob M. -- Management Member
Posted Image

#5 Commander Sealand

Drop Party!

• Former Staff

• 1,547 posts
  • Currently Training:

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

Thank you, i'll unapprove your post so nobody will know you reported it but the staff
Posted Image<br />

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users